Hello friends! Happy Friday! I actually had something totally different planned for yesterday and today but I didn’t get the project done in time. It’s ok though because now we have something to look forward to next week! Yay! So because this project had something to do with food, this Friday’s Food & Fitness is going to be F&F with an injury!
So as you may remember, I mentioned that I opted out of the Run Your Turkey Off 5k because I have been having some serious foot pain and swelling. I went for my MRI yesterday (which on a side note took 45 minutes to get there and then two hours for the whole MRI shebang with the machine stopping part of the way through!) and the results are in . . .
It looks like I don’t have a stress fracture after all! I was so incredibly relieved. I was certain that it was a fracture and I was going to have to wear a boot. Luckily that’s not happening. But, the MRI also did not show any ligament injuries. So this leaves me a little bit stumped as to what exactly happened to my foot! Originally I was diagnosed with a sprain so I suppose it’s possible that it is just a sprain but, man, it hurt! Luckily it is starting to feel a lot better this week so fingers crossed I’ll be Zumbaing again soon!
Obviously with my foot pain I’ve been limited in the workouts I can do but I have managed to find a few activities that work for me! So here’s a rundown of my fitness this week:
– Elliptical- I kind of hate cardio machines but the good thing about the elliptical is that it allows me to keep my foot flat and doesn’t put extra pressure on my foot. The bad part is that it is really boring.
– Bike- I use the gym in our apartment building so it’s not decked out with all the equipment of a normal gym so we only have one bike option (ok we have a recumbent bike but that doesn’t really count). It’s not a bad bike but I would prefer a spin bike but I did my best and created a little spin workout on the old school upright bike.
– Pump- Love my Les Mills Pump workout. I had to stop this when I had my other injury so I love getting back into it again!
– Physique 57– A staple. I tried one of their new online workouts and it is fabulous, as always! This is a no impact workout but you still feel the burn!
– Abs + Stretching- I hope to have a six pack and long, lean hamstrings by the time my foot feels better! On the menu: Les Mills Hard Core Abs (part of the Pump set), Les Mills Flow (also part of the Pump set), Turbo Fire Abs 10 and Stretch 10.
If you have only been following my blog for a little while you may think that I am injured all.the.time. In fact, this is not true. Before this year I had not had an injury I could recall for ….forever! Seriously, no broken bones or sprained ankles. Since turning 30 earlier this year I have started to completely degenerate and have now had two injuries in the past six months! I’m really hoping this is not a sign of things to come!
Readers, have you been able to successfully modify your workouts for an injury? Am I on a downhill slide? What are you doing this weekend?