Hi all! Happy Wednesday. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the week goes by! Lately I’ve found myself getting upset or annoyed about small things that in the grand scheme are really not that big of a deal. I realize that sometimes I let small negative things bring me down when they don’t have to. I used to be very unhappy about my job and it seeped into the rest of my life. Now that I have an awesome new job, I feel like I should just be happy all the time. But, we all know life is full of annoyances and inconveniences. In an effort to forget about these small things that don’t really impact my overall health, happiness and wellbeing, today I’m going to focus on Things I’m Loving Lately. These things really, truly make me smile.
1. Any and all things pumpkin. Pumpkin craze is in full swing and I’m soaking it all in. I recently found these pumpkin spice English muffins at a local Target. Oh man, they are so good. You don’t even need anything on them!
Plus, they go perfectly with my pumpkin coffee from Dunkin Donuts.
Every year I buy this pumpkin bread and pumpkin butter from Williams Sonoma. I absolutely love both. I’ll probably make the bread closer to Thanskgiving.
2. Fresh flowers. I love fresh flowers and these ones at my parents’ house this weekend were absolutely gorgeous. Something about fresh flowers just brightens the day!
3. Gluten-free desserts. I have no medical need to eat gluten-free but the gluten-free bakery that opened around the corner from my apartment was just calling my name. I have to say that I really enjoy the gluten-free treats because they are just so gooey and yummy.
4. Apples, apples and more apples. My cousin bought us a ton of fresh apples when they went apple picking. I love honeycrisp but they can be so expensive. We really lucked out that my cousin got us an ENTIRE bag!
Also, I bought this new apple butter and it is so delicious! Tis the season!
5. Stripes for fall! I broke out this shirt over the weekend and I forgot how much I love my stripes!
6. Stack Wines. These are the coolest things! They are single serve wines that stack on top of each other. Plus they are in shatterproof plastic containers making them perfect for picnics. The quality of the wine is pretty standard but it’s perfect for a day out with friends.
Readers, what are you loving lately?